Yield: 8 servings
Italian Ceviche Bay Scallops with Roasted Red Pepper Aioli
Serve this as an elegant appetizer, or for your next tapas party.
- 1 pound Bay Scallops
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/4 cup pea sprouts or watercress
- 1 tablespoon Roasted Red Pepper Aioli (recipe below)
Roasted Red Pepper Aioli
- 2 whole roasted red peppers
- 2/3 cup basil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 teaspoons erythritol
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
For the Roasted Red Pepper Aioli
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
For the Ceviche
- Put scallops and juice of one lemon in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Strain juice and mix in capers, tomatoes, oregano, sprouts, and one tablespoon aioli.
- Place about a 1/4 cup of aioli on plate for every 3 ounces of scallops. Pile scallop mixture on top.
3 grams of carbs per servings
Copyright The Keto Society © 2019