These low carb candies are unbelievably good. The inside is so soft and creamy. And the texture is contrasted from the crisp chocolate shell. Delightful!!
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
2 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup packed Sukrin Gold
2 egg yolks
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon coconut flour
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup melted sugar free or dark chocolate (you can melt in a microwavable bowl or use double boiler method)
2 cups melted chocolate (use the chocolate of your choice; 80-90% dark works well) (use a microwavable bowl or double boiler method to melt)
Heat cream in medium saucepan over high heat until it starts to bubble. Reduce heat and let is cook for 10 minutes, making sure there are bubbles present.
Turn down to low and add butter, sukrin gold, yolks, xanthan gum, vanilla extract, coconut flour, shredded coconut, walnuts, and the 1/4 cup of melted chocolate. Stir until combined. Freeze mixture for 4-8 hours.
Remove from freezer and roll into balls (grease hands with butter or oil prior to rolling). Melt your 2 cups of chocolate. Use a fork to dip each ball into the chocolate, then place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle coarse salt on each candy while still wet. Store in the refrigerator.
1. Boil your cream for the full 10 minutes to try to get it to thicken as much as possible.
2. Freeze your caramel mixture for as long as you can. If you want a perfect ball shape, freeze for at least 6 hours before rolling.
3. Use butter or coconut oil to grease your hands before rolling the balls to help them stick less. It will still be messy, but it will help a bit.
4. Use a fork to dip the caramel balls into the melted chocolate.
5. Store in the refrigerator.
1.84 grams of carbs per candy