Mix together butter, Tabasco, tarragon, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Put in plastic wrap and roll into a log. Refrigerate.
Discard any opened oysters. Heat grill to high. Place oysters on grill. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until oyster pops open.
Carefully remove top shell, leaving oyster in bottom shell. Put pad of butter on oyster and put back on the grill to melt. Once melted, your oyster is ready to be eaten!
Here are some tips:
1. Always buy more oysters than you’d think you need. There are always several that don’t pop open.
2. Discard the oysters that are already opened before you cook them, and discard the oysters that haven’t opened after 15 minutes of cooking. These oysters have been dead a while and are not good to eat.
3. Try to keep as much of the oyster liquor as possible. The liquor is the natural juice inside the shell. It has a really wonderful flavor.
4. When your oyster has popped open, use a knife to gently pry the top shell off. Keep the oyster in the bottom shell. Put a pad of your butter on top of the oyster, then put it back on the grill to melt the butter.
5. Use an oven mitt to handle the hot shells. You can use tongs to help get the oysters off of the grill.
0.5 grams of carbs per oyster