Yield: 4 servings
Sausage and Spinach Skillet
When you want something hearty but want don’t want to put in any work, then this Sausage and Spinach Skillet is a great option.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb. mild Italian ground sausage
- 10 oz. pack frozen spinach, defrosted
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 15 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil over in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Next, add sausage.
- Once sausage is almost done cooking, add spinach, tomatoes, and crushed tomatoes. Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- When you are ready to serve, make little wells in your sausage mixture and break the eggs into them. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and let the steam cook the egg whites.
- When whites are done cooking, garnish with chopped parsley and red pepper flakes. Serve immediately.
9.5 grams of carbs per serving
Copyright The Keto Society © 2019