Yield: 6 servings
Spicy Thai Chicken Ramen
This soup is lick-the-bowl good.
- 2 chicken breasts, seasoned with olive oil, salt and pepper, oven roasted at 350 until 160 degrees, then shredded
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 4 oz. crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 oz.) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- juice of one lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 (7 oz.) bag shirataki noodles prepared according to instructions (try the Miracle Noodle brand)
- Heat coconut oil in large pot. Add scallions, garlic, ginger, pepper, and mushrooms and cook until soft and fragrant.
- Add in broth, coconut milk, aminos, fish sauce, sriracha, peanut butter, curry paste, lime juice and chicken. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer. Let simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add in cilantro, basil, and shirataki noodles, then let simmer again for another 15 minutes. Serve. Garnish with lime wedges, basil, cilantro, sriracha, chopped peanuts, and sesame oil.
9 grams net carbs per serving
Copyright The Keto Society © 2019