Look no further. You are in Keto Chocolate Cookie Heaven. Hallelujah!
6 tablespoons softened butter
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
3/4 cup Sukrin Gold
1/2 cup granular erythritol
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups almond flour
2 teaspoons xanthan gum
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips of your choice
Beat butter, oil, Sukrin gold, and granular erythritol in large bowl with electric mixer. Add in vanilla extract and egg and beat for another minute. In medium bowl, mix almond flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt. Pour half of dry mixture into wet mixture and beat. Pour the rest in and beat again. Fold in chocolate chips.
Heat oven to 350. Roll dough into balls (I made each with 2 tablespoons of dough) and place on parchment lined baking sheets. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes. Bake for 11-12 minutes or until bottoms of cookies have browned and tops of cookies are turning a golden brown.
1. Coconut flour is not needed; just almond flour.
2. Use coconut oil and butter. The coconut oil keeps the cookies fluffy and soft! There is a hint of coconut flavor, but definitely not powerful. It makes the dough a little sweeter than if you just used all butter.
3. The Sukrin Gold gives the cookie a darker color and warmer flavor. It also holds moisture better than granular.
4. Refrigerate your dough balls before baking to keep your cookies round and fluffy. If you bake them at room temperature, they will spread more (if you prefer).
5. Take the cookies out of the oven at around 11-12 minutes. The tops may not look all the way done, and the inside will seem soft and under-baked, but the cookies will continue to firm up and finish once removed.
Carb count depends on the chocolate chips you use; without chocolate chips each cookie has 0.92 net carbs